If you are looking for the ability to save space in your trailer, then we would certainly recommend one that comes with a bunkhouse.
This can save you plenty of room, which is perfect if you want to economize on space. This makes sure that all your things are stored vertically rather than horizontally.
We all know that an RV usually complies with an open plan affair, giving you and your family plenty of room to move. We would certainly recommend that you get an RV if you have a large family and are struggling to find places to take them on vacation.
RVs also come with all the mod cons that you’ll need to make sure that you and your family are showered, watered and fed on a regular basis.
If you have pets with you, then you might want to make sure that there is enough room for them too. Having plenty of storage space will also help you keep the ground clear of mess.
So where can you find the best RV with a bunkhouse? What are the best dimensions for a bunkhouse? What other features should your camper van have?
How can you have the best design that will allow you and your family the most space? How much can you be expected to pay for one of these top-of-the-range camper vans?
If you are scratching your head wondering what all of these questions are, then we would suggest that you keep on reading this article. We have compiled a list of the top 10 travel trailers that you can find on the market.
We also have a buyer’s guide that will help you to determine the best camping RVs for your needs.
OUR TOP PICK
This first bunkhouse trailer has its box room located at the back of the trailer, which is perfect if you want to keep your children safe at the rear of the vehicle when you are driving at a high speed down the motorway, for example.
This is one of the safest trailers for a family - introducing the Lance Camper 2185.
- This bunk bed has the ability to sleep 3 adults, which is perfect for a small-sized family.
- This trailer comes with all the amenities, from a kitchen to a scaled-down dining room to a compact living room.
- This RV comes with plenty of storage space, so you can be sure you’ll have everything that you need to keep the pets and children’s toys safe.
- This space might be slightly too small for a large family that comes with a lot of baggage.
This is an RV company that comes with many layers of bunk beds, with multiple floor plans and furniture layouts that will allow you to rearrange your living room with complete freedom - introducing the Starcraft RV.
- This travel trailer comes with 23 different types of floor plans, meaning that you can rearrange the furniture to whatever specifications make you the happiest.
- This trailer comes with plenty of room, allowing you and your family, especially your children, to run riot around their temporary home.
- This comes with mossy oak lite paneling, which will definitely give your RV that sophisticated finish.
- This might be too many bunk beds, especially for parents who want to have room to spread out on their own double bed.
This next trailer has plenty of floor plans that will allow you to rearrange the flooring, so that you can have whatever type of space that you want in your RV.
This is one of the best trailers that you can get for a small family that is on a budget - introducing the Jayco Jay Flight.
- This comes in a heavy trailer version that comes with thicker walls and will allow you to be very comfortable, especially during the winter seasons.
- This trailer company comes with plenty of models, so you can be sure that you’ll get the right one that you need for your particular budget.
- This is a very lightweight model, providing you with everything you need for a trailer that you can pull behind you no matter the weather or road conditions.
- This trailer might be a little small for those with a larger family who want all the mod cons to keep them comfortable in their day-to-day life.
This next brand of the trailer has over 20 models that you can choose from, giving you everything that you need for a family that just like casual camping to a family that prefers to brave the great outdoors with a few of their distant relatives - introducing the Forest River.
- This trailer brand comes with dozens of floor plans and bunk bed options.
- This is a very lightweight trailer, perfect if you are struggling to find space in a narrow campsite.
- This bunkhouse unit takes up a lot of space in the back of your camper with little option to retract it.
This next trailer brand comes with plenty of models, some of which come with spacious bunkhouses that will be more than adequate to keep numerous beds at the same time.
This is the perfect unit for a large family - introducing Prime Time Manufacturing.
- This brand comes with a few models, each of which offers very unique features when it comes to the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom areas.
- When it comes to the bunkhouse, you can be certain that there will be enough room to entertain upwards of 3 guests.
- This company does not provide that many models, so people with a larger family might be struggling to find a trailer that will accommodate every member.
This company specializes in high-duty towable trailers that prioritize weight over speed, meaning that you’ll have a very durable camper van that will be having to brave the elements, keeping your family warm during the winter and cool during the summer - introducing the Highland Ridge RV.
- This company will provide you with PVC roofing that will protect you from all the elements.
- This is a very expensive trailer brand, so make sure that you have the money before you dip your hand in your pocket.
This next company comes with many different floor plans, allowing you to customize your camper to whatever spacing requirements that you need - introducing the Dutchmen RV.
- This brand comes with a comprehensive list of some of the best trailers that you can find on the market.
- This trailer company provides you with very few models.
This next company is renowned for their durable list of trailer models, giving you everything that you need to keep rolling through the summer, winter and spring climates - introducing the Coleman.
- We would certainly recommend this brand, as they have bunkhouses that can be arranged at the front or the rear of the camper.
- This company does charge extra for their trailers, coming with lots of features that will allow you and your family to be comfortable.
This next brand of trailer company is very similar to Coleman in that they offer a few different models, each with a dozen or so floor plans that will give you plenty of options when it comes to your particular family plan - introducing Kodiak.
- This company gives you a few different options when it comes to your floor plan. It also gives you an extended warranty for the first year after purchase.
- This still has a limited number of options for your RV floor plan, so you should make sure that you are committed to your mobile home holidays before purchasing.
This next company provides the user with plenty of bunkhouse options, allowing you to place your sectioned-off area pretty much anywhere you like inside your camper van - introducing the Crossroads RV.
- This will give you the ‘lite’ option, which is when you have a lighter construction, which will enable you to maneuver your trailer through narrower areas.
- There are a few models of this trailer that have been discontinued, so make sure that the model you want is available before looking.
This next company will offer you plenty of floor plans, allowing you to put your bunkhouse wherever you want - introducing the Keystone RV.
- This company really gives you a wide selection of trailers, which will definitely be beneficial for anyone who has a specific floor plan in mind.
- This comes with a few different varieties of trailers that are only catered for the outdoors, which won’t appeal to anyone who mainly wants to do indoor cooking and holidaying.
This final model of bunkhouse travel trailers has a moderate selection of inexpensive trailers, which means you’ll probably find something for your needs - introducing Grand Design.
- These models of the trailer come with a wide variety of mod cons, allowing you a great floor plan design that you can use to accommodate a sizable bunkhouse.
- This has a very slender selection of trailers, which means that you might not find the version that you are looking for.
Awesome Travel Trailers With Bunk House Buying Guide
There are plenty of bunkhouse trailers that offer you a wide array of different layouts and setups, each one will offer different things to different people. Here are some of the things that you should be looking for with your bunkhouse trailer:
How Many People Does It Accommodate?
You should have at least 2-3 people in your bunkhouse at the very least. We would recommend that you can house a sofa with a bed over the top.
Is The Bunk House Located At The Front Or The Back?
This will all depend on how much you value the safety of your bunkhouse. Placing it at the back of your trailer might give you that additional peace of mind when you are driving on the motorway.
Awesome Travel Trailers With Bunk House - FAQ's
What Is The Difference Between Bunk Beds And Bunk Houses?
The difference between these two things is the layout. With a bunkhouse, there is often a sofa underneath the main bunk bed that can be converted into another bed if necessary.