If you’ve ever had a wanderlust and desire to travel across the world in a motorhome with your family, then you’ll no doubt have looked at one of these amazing motorhomes. Ultimately, when it comes to getting the right one for a whole family, only one thing will be that important: space.
You’ll also want to make sure that you have all the amenities that you need for your family, including space for them to sleep, bathe and eat.
This is crucial if you want the utmost comfort for your family. You’ll also need to make sure that you need to have plenty of voltage in your engine.
A lot of RV companies give you the option of developing a number of floor plans of your very own.
This will allow you to map out exactly what you want for your camper van, which might be having your sink placed near a window with lots of daylight or having the toilet sufficient enough distance away from the bedroom.
You’ll also need to think about how well insulated your camper trailer is. Some people like to take their camper van out all year round, so having a sealed design that will prevent heat loss will be very important for keeping you and your family warm during those cold winter months.
So where can you find the best RVS for you and your family? What features should an RVS have to support your family for a two-week vacation?
What is the best material for an RVS to be made out of? What is the floor plan of your camper? How much can you be expected to pay for a top-of-the-range camper?
Well, if you are stretching your head wondering which models to look for, then we would suggest that you look no further. We have compiled a list of the top 10 camper trailers for you and your family that you can currently find on the market.
We also have a buyer’s guide that will help you locate certain features and hone the camper that is perfect for your needs.
List Of Best Family RVS
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
This first camper van is great for anyone who wants that open and spacious feel to the inside of their portable home.
This comes with enough space to sleep 4 fully grown adults, with a dinette that can be rolled out to feed you and your family as and when you need it - introducing the Lance Camper 1995.
The Lance Camper comes with a very spacious fridge too, measuring around 7 cubic feet.
This comes with a burner that will allow you to grill up plenty of food quickly and efficiently.
It also has enough room for you to chop and dice your products, making them much easier to clean afterward.
- This RVS will certainly provide you with enough room for you and your family to move around. This comes with an ample queen-size bed as well as a sofa bed conversion.
- This also comes with 3 wardrobes with plenty of hanging space for your entire family’s wardrobe.
- This has a dinette that is able to roll out for dinner time. You can entertain plenty of guests in this camper, with enough space to prep and serve up a hearty meal.
- This comes with a sealed design that will keep the interior of your campervan nice and warm for the duration of the winter.
- This might be a little too large for a smaller family. With a premium level of features comes a premium price, so you might want to buy one only if you are vacationing regularly.
This next one has great sleeping arrangements if you have children who like to mimic the sleeping arrangements they have at home.
This comes with a queen-size bed with a TV at the side, which will be perfect if you want to kick back with your family and watch your favorite shows - introducing the Grand Design Transcend Xplor 247BH.
This comes with 3 burner stoves and plenty of fridge space, so if you are a fan of cooking on your vacation, then we can only recommend this amazing RSV.
This has also a lot of great storage items that you can use to put items that belong to your pets or your children.
Having this space for storage will be very important for keeping clutter to a minimum.
- This can sleep up to 6 people, making it one of the perfect campers for large families. We would also recommend that you get this RVS if you have animals too.
- This comes with a walk-in shower in the bathroom area, perfect if you want space to shower you and your children every day.
- This comes with a microwave that will allow you to cook your food and prepare quite extravagant meals. If you are entertaining 6 people, then having plenty of space is very important.
- This comes with a space where you can store your pet’s chew toys and other items. For some pet owners, having this space available on their RVS will be very important.
- This might be too large for a family of 4, although you might appreciate the extra room if you have the money to spend.
This next RVS is wonderfully spaced out, having a queen-sized bed at one end and a dinette in the middle, you can be sure you’ll have plenty of space for you and your family.
It also has an entertainment center at the foot of the bed, allowing you to enjoy your favorite TV shows without having to move an inch - introducing the Keystone Passport SL 240BHWE.
The fridge comes with 4 cubic feet of space, giving you everything that you need to store a feast for yourself and your loved ones.
It also comes with an outdoor kitchen, which will give you the luxury of being able to have the kids run around without having to constantly keep an eye on them.
- This is another mammoth RV, able to house around 5 people. This is perfect if you have extra family members that you want to come and stay in your RV.
- This comes with a polypropylene underbelly that will keep your RV perfectly insulated against the cold weather.
- This comes with double bunk beds in the back of the RV, meaning that you have plenty of space to house your guests and your children.
- This comes with a dinette that you can retract and expand if you need more room to lay out your food. This also has an awning, in case you want to eat under the shade outside your camper.
- This camper has a lot of outdoor features that might be unnecessary if you are thinking of camping in the winter season.
This next bed comes with all the mod cons that you could ever need for you and a large family of 5.
There is a queen-sized bed with a nightstand that you can use to read during the evening or light up your television watching space.
There are also bunk beds that your children can use - introducing Jayco Jay Feather Micro 171BH.
The dinette area can be converted to offer you some additional sleeping space. You can also open up the fridge to give you extra room for your food and other supplies.
This also comes with a tub and a shower, which is great if you like that nice relaxing bath at the end of a long walk through the mountains.
- This has a separate bunk bed area that is far away from the main sleeping quarters. If you want your children to get a sound night’s sleep at the other end of the camper, then this is the RV for you.
- This comes with an amazing high-definition television, which is perfect if you want to watch your favorite movies with crystal clarity.
- The main bed can be closed off from the rest of the camper for privacy, which will certainly be a relief to any parent who wants an hour or so away from the children.
- This comes with a decent kitchenette that you can use to cook any number of dishes. It also has plenty of room, which is perfect for preparing more adventurous meals.
- This has a 3-inch awning that might not be that useful to anyone who is going to be eating indoors or vacationing in colder climates.
This next campervan is a very popular model, with families across the country queuing up to get their hands on one of these wonderful and spacious camper vans, you can be sure that you’ll have everything that you need for a wonderful vacation - introducing the Winnebago Micro Minnie 2100BH.
This comes with a convection microwave and a 3-burner cooktop, which will help you prepare a really delicious meal for yourself and your guests.
Having a spacious kitchen area will be very important when you are cooking. This hob area also has a backlit hob that you can use to help you cook your meal during the nighttime.
- This has 8 cubic feet of space in the fridge, which will be very helpful if you are packing it out with food for the week.
- This comes with one of the best kitchenettes that we’ve currently seen on this list. We would certainly recommend that you buy this one if you enjoy indoor barbequing on your holiday.
- This has a full-sized bed in front of the camper, which will be perfect for a roomy and comfortable sleep during the night.
- You can run this one with either gas or electricity, which makes it one of the most versatile campers that you can get on the market. Having both options will pull you out of a potentially tricky situation.
- This might be a little small for a larger family, so we would recommend splashing out some cash on a larger model.
This next trailer comes with a queen-sized bed, which offers both comforts in the summer and warmth during the winter months.
This also has a hot tub and shower combination, perfect if you like to relax with warm bubbles after a long day of hiking up a dusty trail - introducing the Coachmen Apex Nano 194BHS.
This comes with a galley stove that you can use to rustle up a full breakfast in the morning. This has 2 bunks at the back of the trailer, meaning that your children will be safe and sound as you travel at the front.
This also comes in a very lightweight design, meaning that you can haul this trailer across vast distances.
- This trailer can sleep up to 6 passengers, making it one of the largest trailers that we have on this list. If you want to holiday with your family and some friends, then this is perfect.
- This bed comes with a queen-size duvet, giving you everything that you need for a solid night’s sleep. You can even snuggle up with your partner and your children and watch some TV.
- This comes with overhead and underfoot storage space, which is perfect for keeping your belongings off the floor and reducing trip hazards.
- This has thick foam mattresses that will give you a very comfortable sleep. These mattresses are designed to keep the heat in the blanket.
- This might have too many features and too much space for a larger family. If you are looking to stick to a limited budget, then we would suggest that you go with a cheaper model.
This next family camper van comes with space enough to fit 2 adults and 2 children. This comes with a stainless steel construction which is not only great for cooking, but will also help you to clean.
If hygiene is an important factor for you in your home, then we would suggest that you take a look at this model - introducing the Airstream Caravel 20FB.
- This comes with a solid marble cooktop that is very easy to clean and will reduce the amount of food waste.
- This oven is convection, with stainless steel hobs that are easy to clean and will reduce the amount of food matter that will accumulate over time.
- This has a very comfortable bed in front of the camper, giving you plenty of room to roll around when you are sleeping.
- This has a very spacious bathing and showering area, which will really come in handy if you and your family are all trying to wash their faces and clean their teeth in the morning.
- This can only sleep up to 4 people at any one time, which might not be suitable for a larger family. If you are entertaining your auntie and uncle on your holiday, we recommend going with a different model.
Next up, we have one of the largest camper vans on this list, coming with enough room to house 8-10 people.
This comes with a very warm fireplace, along with a dinette, a sofa bed and a few different bunk beds.
This is ideal if you have a large family and want to take them all with you on your next vacation - introducing the Rockwood Ultra Lite 2891BH.
- This comes with a queen-sized bed, perfect for getting the whole family together to watch a movie on the widescreen TV that’s housed in the wall.
- This comes with a vacuum laminated wall and floor, which will keep the heat on the inside of your camper van.
- This comes with a wardrobe and a linen closet that you can use to keep all of your dirty laundry. This is perfect if you don’t have access to a washing machine.
- This comes with a spacious kitchen, with a 20-foot awning that you can be sure will have everything that you need for a sheltered dining experience outside.
- This really does have all the features that you need for a larger family, although if you are more of the 2.4 children number, then you might want to look for something a little more conservative.
This next Winnebago model has plenty of room on the inside, having enough space to accommodate 9 people.
This comes with a lot of high-end amenities such as a functioning bathroom, kitchenette and a sofa bed that you can retract for when you have extra guests - introducing the Winnebago Vista 27P.
- You can have plenty of room to move this furniture around, giving you plenty of space for you and your family.
- This comes with a panoramic windshield, allowing you to see as much of the road as possible.
- This comes with a very accessible kitchen area where you have plenty of room to cook your meats and vegetables. This comes with a fridge that has complete wooden panels in the door.
- This has plenty of room around all sides of the bed, meaning that you have to scramble over your partner and children to make yourself a glass of milk in the night.
- This camper might be another one that is slightly too spacious for your small family. Make sure you are going to be a frequent camper before splashing out on this model.
This final camper van comes with everything that you need to sleep and feed as many people as you like.
With laminate wooden flooring, this will give you everything that you need to keep your van warm, which will be very important especially if you are holidaying during the winter time - introducing the Northwood Manufacturing Arctic Fox 25W.
- This comes with a fully welded construction, which will help you keep the cold out and trap the heat in.
- This comes with a queen sized bed, which will provide more than enough room for you and your family.
- This camper comes with two different doors, so it will allow you to have plenty of exits, no matter how difficult it is to close.
- You can sleep upwards of 6 people in this camper van, which is great for most larger families. It is also relatively cheap, so if you are on a budget then it will certainly help you out.
- This might be a little too much space for a 4 person family.
There are a few things we would recommend you look for in your next family RVS:
How Much Storage Is There?
Having plenty of storage will be important for reducing the clutter in the living area and making sure people can move around freely.
Is It Insulated?
You should make sure that your camper comes in a completely sealed design, as this will be the one method of keeping in heat and preventing cold from getting in.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many People Should A Family RVS Hold?
As you can see from the campers listed above, you should be able to sleep a minimum of 4 people in your camper. Our larger campers can fit up to 10 people.
- Best Alternate Routes To Avoid Chattanooga - March 2, 2023
- Best Alternate Routes To Avoid The Grapevine - March 2, 2023
- Alternate Routes To Avoid George Washington Bridge - February 21, 2023