When it comes to buying your next motorhome, one of the things you’re going to be wanting to look for is something really cheap.
Ultimately, if you are a family on a budget, then you’ll want to save yourself as much money as possible on the home itself, as you’ll probably be looking to buy accessories.
Luckily, there is something called a pop-up camper on the market that is made especially to lower the price of your holiday. These campers have fold-out features that will help to protect you from the rain and other weather elements that can severely damage the inside of your tent.
You can get campers that will cost you as little as $10,000, which is a very reasonable price. But what exactly can you find on the inside of your camper?
Well, pretty much a lot of the basic items that you’d be able to find in an ordinary camper. You can have a stainless steel kitchen sink and a shower.
So where can you find some of the best cheap pop-up campers? What features will you need to make sure that you have everything that you need to keep your van looking exactly like any other motorhome?
How much will you have to pay for your camper van? What are the best materials for a motorhome to be made from?
Well, if you are looking for answers to a lot of these questions, then we would suggest that you keep reading. We have compiled a list of some of the best pop-up campers that money can buy.
We also have a buyer’s guide that will help you to identify what features will be best suited to your type of holiday.
OUR TOP PICK
This first pop-up camper comes with a special pivot design that you can use to raise up the camper, opening it out to make it a lot more rain-proof.
When it comes to extending your camper, you’ll want to make sure that you have everything that you need to give yourself ultimate protection - introducing the Coachmen Viking Express 9.0TD.
- This camper comes with a decent amount of space, perfect if you are just thinking of staying by yourself or with a partner.
- This camper is around 13 feet in length, which is perfect if you want some room to have food with you and your guests.
- This camper is very easy to set up, it will give you everything that you need for a decent night’s sleep. Make sure that you have the tarp set up when it rains.
- This is very compact, which will make it very easy to tow and reduce the fuel expenditure on your towing vehicle.
- This has no bathroom and can only sleep 2 people, which might not be great if you are planning on taking your family.
Next up, we have a very nimble camper that you can use to negotiate your way through the woods or the narrow roadways.
This camper will sleep up to 4 people, which is perfect if you are a family and you want plenty of space to run around and be yourself - introducing the Forest River Rockwood 1640LTD.
- This has a very light dry weight, so if you are looking to tow your camper van across long distances, then we would recommend getting one of these.
- This van is very cheap, coming at under $10,000, which makes it one of the most affordable campers on this list.
- You can negotiate this one into most narrow parking spaces, which makes it one of the best vans for smaller campsites.
- This has 17 feet of space when opened up, making it a great space-saving unit that you can use for your needs.
- This pop-up camper also doesn’t come with a bathroom, which might be a hindrance if you are staying in the great outdoors with no access to toilet facilities.
Next up, we have another camper that comes in at just under $10,000, making it perfect for a small family that is on a budget.
This has a very decent floor plan with a 4-person capacity that you can be sure will give you everything that you need for your family to have plenty of room on holiday - introducing the Forest River Flagstaff 176LTD.
- This comes with stabilizers and jack pads that you can use to raise or lower your camper van. We would certainly recommend this if you are looking to get over tricky terrain.
- This comes with very thick wheels, which is again another useful asset when you are trying to scale certain bumpy terrain.
- This one comes with plenty of features on the inside, including a small kitchen and basic sleeping facilities.
- This will sleep a larger family of 4 people, which is perfect if you like packing up the kids and having the freedom to take them outdoors.
- This is another pop-up without toilet facilities, which will certainly be very tricky when you are out in the open.
This next camper van comes with a decent dry-weight, giving you everything that you need to tow this one far across the country without expending too much of your fuel.
This comes with plenty of storage space, including a gear rack that you can use to store climbing or camping equipment - introducing the Sylvansport Go Trailer.
- You can use this tent to camp with upwards of 4 people, which will be really helpful if you like to go on holiday with a few people at a time.
- This comes with a tent pod, which you can detach from the main camper and use as a separate tent sleeping area.
- This comes with 11 feet of space on the inside, so you can be sure that you’ll have everything that you need to store your camping gear as well as yourself.
- This has a super lightweight design that will be easy to tow across the country. This will also not expend too much of the fuel in your car.
- This has a smaller sleeping capacity than some of the other pop-up campers on this list, so make sure that you’re a committed camper before taking this one out.
This next pop-up camper is one for the more extreme campers amongst you, allowing you plenty of room as well as a durable exterior that will help you to brave the elements and really get to grips with the great outdoors.
This comes with high ground clearance and shock absorbers - introducing the Black Series Alpha Camper.
- This comes with tank holders that you can lock into place when you are out hiking, keeping your belongings nice and safe.
- You can have an outdoor kitchen with this one, ideal for summer camping and cooking in the great outdoors.
- This is a very affordable camper, coming in at just under the $10,000 mark. This is perfect for anyone who wants to save as much money as possible.
- This comes with quad shock absorbers that you can be sure will give you everything that you need for a smooth ride
- This has a larger sleeping capacity, which might not be suitable for anyone who is looking for a smaller camping experience with their immediate family.
This next pop-up camper has one of the most ingenious designs that we’ve featured on this list so far, coming with insulated berths that you can use to sleep the entire family.
This also comes with a 2-burner stove and hot and cold taps that you can use to heat up the kettle or wash your face - introducing the Coachmen Clipper LS 806XLS.
- This comes with a dry weight of around 1,500-pounds, which is nice and lightweight, perfect for lugging you, your family and your belongings across the country.
- This has enough sleeping capacity for 4, making it an ideal unit for taking your family out to the countryside or the beach.
- This comes with a furnace that will burn at around 20,000 BTU, which is just enough to keep the interior of your camper nice and warm.
- This has a selection of floor plans that are just perfect for solo, dual or family camping. You should pick this one if you want plenty of space.
- This comes with a very simple design, so you might not have the level of technical features that you are looking for.
This next camper is what is called a hard-sided pop-up, which will protect you from the wind and the harsher elements that often affect a smaller camper van.
This will help you to sleep upwards of 3 people, so it is perfect for anyone who has a little one and might want to take them on their first holiday - introducing the Aliner Scout Lite.
- This camper van will give you plenty of sound-proofing capabilities, which is perfect if you want to get a decent night’s sleep.
- You can easily regulate the temperature on the inside of this camper van, giving you everything that you need for a sound night’s sleep in colder conditions.
- This will also give you some great insulation, meaning that you won’t need a heated mattress or any additional heating systems.
- This comes with a dry weight of just over 1,000-pounds, which will allow you to tow your vehicle across the country without using up too much petrol.
- This is another bathroom-free unit, which will make it very hard for you to clean if you have not parked anywhere with shower facilities.
This next pop-up camper comes with a wonderful length of around 23-feet, making it one of the most spacious units that we have on this list.
You can sleep up to 6 people in this camper van, coming with a combined shower and bathroom that is perfect to get a whole family clean - introducing the Forest River Rockwood Freedom 2318G.
- This camper van unit comes with an optional shower unit, so you can be sure that you’ll have everything that you need to keep you and your family clean.
- This has plenty of length and width, giving you and your family members plenty of space to run around.
- This will give you plenty of floor space, allowing you to sleep with a few extra people on the floor.
- You can design your own floor space with this camper, giving you the freedom to arrange the space how you like.
- This might be a little too large for some people, so we would certainly recommend that you only buy this one if you have a sizable family unit.
This is another hard-sided pop-up camper that has an optional canopy that you can use to screen out the sun and offer you some shelter from the rain - introducing the Forest River Flagstaff Hard Side T12RBST.
- This camper can sleep upwards of 4 people, which makes it one of the more spacious units.
- This comes with a hard side, meaning that it won’t rock if it gets buffeted by the wind.
- This comes with a port-a-potty, which might not be that amenable to someone with a large family.
This final camper is a pretty hefty one, giving you everything that you need for a decent sleeping situation. We would certainly recommend this unit if you have a larger family - introducing the Coachmen Clipper 108ST Sport.
- This comes with very comfortable 4-inch mattresses, giving you everything that you need for cooking and sleeping in complete luxury.
- This comes with an 18-watt solar panel, which will allow you to charge up the contents of your camper.
- This has a pretty spacious inside area, so you’ll probably want to make sure that you’ll be camping on a regular basis.
Best Cheapest Pop Up Campers You Can Buy Buying Guide
When you are buying a pop-up camper van, there will be a few essentials that you’ll be looking for:
How Cheap Is It?
One of the reasons that you might be buying a pop-up camper van is to save on money. The cheaper camper vans are around $10,000 in price.
Are They Capable Of Solar Power?
Having the option of solar power will be very important if you are looking to power your camper by alternative means.
Best Cheapest Pop Up Campers You Can Buy - FAQ's
How Much Bigger Can A Pop-Up Camper Van Get?
With some of the larger camper vans, you can expect them to double in size. This usually involves a canvas component that opens out into an outside kitchen area.
We would recommend that you use this portion of your camper to eat and grill your food in the great outdoors.
Just remember: that often with a pop-up camper there will be two size specifications: how large it is when it is compacted and how large it will be when it is fully opened.